Monday, August 24, 2009

So, I've been thinking and pondering and pandering lately and it turns out that the majority of my friends (who are my age) are getting married. Or are at least in serious, committed, we'll-be-married-by-the-end-of-the-year type relationships. Which is great.

If you're into that sort of thing.

The turning point of this here blog happens now, as it turns out, I am, in fact, not into that sort of thing. Not at all.
However,

it does make one think about thier own dubious relationship status when everyone around you is seeking lifelong bliss thru holy matrimony.

Don't get me wrong, I've nothing against marriage, I've only a few things against 'love' and I've zero against tax breaks. But, if that's the headliner on why I want a relationship, well, I may need to re-think things.

I was facebooking, like you do, and I happened upon an old flame, as it were, who just got married. Honeymoon in the bahamas and everything. Such a dream. For me, it turns out to be only the stuff of pipes. This kid, (let's pretend you don't know him) was supposed to lead me around on the white sandy beaches of "Sandals Resort". HAHAHA. Thank God for those small blessings, eh?

Anyway, all these folks are pairing off, and while I don't think there's anything wrong with me, I do wonder what all the fuss is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment