Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Live from Denver:

or rather, from Aurora, CO.

As I type this I am sitting in my sweet hotel room by myself (of course). I got a pretty nice free upgrade from the 'lonely single traveler' room to the 'couple's suite' because they got my reservation wrong. That's right, I can make reservations at hotels when I travel, I'm an adult! (So what if my sister did it for me?) Anyway, I'm in the business nook part of the room, though I'd rather be in the freak-huge/awesome-soft CALIFORNIA KING bed.

I'm sitting here, enjoying this, listening to music, (guess who?) and all I can really think about is how much I'm going to miss everyone. Yes, I may be sipping wine out of the little styrofoam hotel cup, but I'm still on glass one so what I say can't be discounted. Yet.

I spent the last couple of days with family and familyesque people in KC/Holt, before that I was w. the kids in Springtown. Don't get me wrong, I don't miss any of those places, but I guess I never really thought about how much I liked you kids until I drove 800 miles away from you. In all truth, I am quite fond of you. That won't change.

As I sit here, about a third of the way thru my voyage, I find that I'm not afraid of leaving, of going somewhere unfamiliar and "growing up" (those of you I'm texting tonight will agrue on the grown up part, I'm sure), but I am afraid of losing touch.

Michael W said today that he was unsure of how much contact to keep with me when I'm gone. Like he'd be interrupting my new life or something.

I say it now, none of you will be interrupting a 'new life'. My friends are my life, now and always, all of you.

On a more boring note, Kansas is the worst state to drive through. Ever. I may change my mind when I hit the desert in Utah, but I like the desert. I may pull over and take it all in. And get bitten by a snake and die or something. Awesome. In which case, Cole can have my "gay" car.

No comments:

Post a Comment