Saturday, June 6, 2009

They call me 'Igby'

If you've never seen the movie 'Igby Goes Down', you should change that. I haven't seen it in ages, but it's so so good. Stellar cast. My longtime celebrity crush Jeff Goldblum is in it, as is Kieran Culkin (brother of McKullay. However you spell it...) Amanda Peet, Ryan Phillipe, Claire Danes, and Susan Sarandon.

I don't really recall what I meant by this posting, except that there is one quote that sticks in my mind even after all this time.

"I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment."

I find relation to this a lot of the time. Which is wierd. You'd think that realizing it would make me work harder to change it. All it really does is inspire a bizarre sense of irony.

Another couple of quotes (as best I can recall them):

"If Heaven is such a great place, why is being crucified such a big sacrifice?"

"I love that the captain of the morality team invites his girlfriend to the same party as his wife. Who, let's face it, isn't the sharpest tool anymore. And you know what? None of her friends even stand up for her. They all know and no one bats an eyelash at his hypocrasy. I love it. Really. Embrace your moral hypocracy, just do it."

"I should hate you." "Don't be indulgent"

No comments:

Post a Comment