Saturday, January 2, 2010

Theft

I stole the idea of a 'double puberty' from Dana.
She just wrote about it and you should read it, it isn't nearly as gross as it sounds, more just an interesting idea. Second puberty being how your body changes into something ready for adult life and child bearing and stuff. Post 'settling down' type stuff.
Pear shaped body and child bearing hips type stuff.

There's nothing wrong with pear shaped. Not at all. A dress size ten is certainly not shameful. These things are adult and shapely and curvy and sexual in a way that I'm not, never have been, and am not ready to be. There's not a single thing wrong with it, I'm just not prepared for what it represents.
I don't want to grow up, I don't want to get old. I feel like I have so much more to do for myself, selfishly, before I can 'settle down', bulk up, learn to cook, and re-produce.
This 'second puberty' represents something beautiful and lovely and life-changing, but I'm a baby...

No comments:

Post a Comment